WATER RESOURCES MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY
CONDITIONS FOR RENEWAL OF GROUNDWATER DRILLING LICENSES
(DRILLERS AND CONSTRUCTORS PERMITS)
Pursuant to Regulation 2 of Statutory Instruments No. 19 of 2018 and Condition 4 of the Conditions of Grant of License, all licensed drillers are required to submit an application for renewal of license each year.
Drilling companies are reminded to apply for renewal to the Authority on or before 10th December, 2020. Applications that will be received after the deadline shall not be processed. Renewal of licence will be done when the following conditions are met:
- Presentation of Proof of PACRA Registration
- Presentation of EIZ Practicing Licence for 2021(or proof of payment)
- Equipment & Vehicle white books
- Proof of Geologist/Hydrogeologist’s EIZ Practicing Licence for 2021(or proof of payment)
- Presentation of Profiles of key technical staff (Drillers & Hydrogeologists)
- Valid Tax Clearance Certificate
- Borehole Completion Reports for all boreholes drilled by company up until 30th December, 2020
- Meeting WARMA’s physical inspection criteria
- Payment of prescribed fee for applicable driller’s licence class.
- Presentation of clearly labelled drilling rigs showing company names, at appointed times, for physical inspections at the following venues
- a) Lusaka – Mulungushi House Annex Building P.O. Box 51059; cell 0977151416
- Kabwe – Plot 2005/2006 Off Dambo Rd Industrial area; Cell 0974878698
- Ndola – Civic Centre Room 57, plot 10101 Independence way; Cell ; 0977862495
- Kasama – Plot 38 Mukulumpe Rd; Cell 0962418809
- Livingstone – Plot No. 10. John Hunt way; cell 097 2742695
Furthermore, you are reminded that issuance of the 2021 licences shall be done on condition that drillers Installation of Global Positioning system on drilling rigs. The credentials for monitoring these machines shall be shared with WARMA.
Each Company that successfully meets the conditions for renewal shall be given licence discs to stick on the drilling rigs. It shall be a requirement in 2021 and onwards for drilling rigs to display discs.
For any questions or clarifications, contact the Water Resources Management Authority on +260211251934, Email email@example.com