This unit oversees the country's surface water resources pertaining to Hydrometric stations operations, design and construction of surface water development infrastructure, surface water quality and quantity monitoring and protection to ensure sustainable use of the nation's surface water
- The Unit provides guidance in the Planning and Development of catchment surface water resources.
- Oversees and reviews Designs for operating and maintaining Hydrometric stations for surface water management.
- Monitors catchment Plans and their execution for regular field monitoring programmes for hydrological observations.
- Advises on the effects of development on the availability of surface water and Water allocation.
- Manages and checks hydrology and hydraulic analyses and design procedures on projects in catchment areas
- Conducts flood studies, Geographical Information Systems (GIS) mapping