The unit manages the WARMA Information Technology (IT) infrastructure, water resources information systems and databases including the electronic capturing of water permits as well as hydrological and ground water data into the water permit and Geodin databases respectively.
- Informatics unit ensures that water level data is collected and entered into hydstra database.
- Water Permits are scrutinised and updated in the water permitting database
- Hydro-Informatics also disseminates and publishes data into brochures, maps and reports.
- The unit also ensures that the newly installed 65 telemetric stations transmits data to the main server at WARMA and data is analysed for further hydrological forcasting and planning. The informatics unit manages the Integrated Water Resources Management System (IWRMIS) and ensure that all the data from core databases are integrated into IWRMIS software to allow the Hydrological unit and Water environment and quality unit carry out the hydrological duties efficiently.
- The unit also ensures that Integrated Water Resources Management Information System (IWRMIS) establish data links between them and be able to flexible react on requirements of future systems and services. The receipt of incoming measuring data to the system and forwarding them to relevant databases is one of the core functionalities of IWRMIS.
Below is the sample of IWRMIS software showing integrated data stations from 65 teremetric stations and other databases